Thursday, November 5, 2015

BladeFest Div2 Senior Men's Epee

BladeFest Div2 Senior Men's Epee

https://askfred.net/Results/results.php?tournament_id=30135&highlight_competitor_id=91067&event_id=118400

I've put off writing about this for far too long. And I just realized I lost my old notebook in which I scribbled notes during the event, oops. Well, I didn't write much and wasn't going to post much here. I was hoping to do better, since I could have qualified for div2 if I did well. I'm not sure how that works exactly. I came in 14th out of 28, which I doubt got me qualified.

I went two and four in the pools and felt generally slow and off. I lost badly to Charlie Muñoz, 1-5, ouch! Tobias Lee was in my pool and I looked forward to seeing if I could do better than I had in the past, but alas, I lost 2-5. I also lost to Mark Benack, 3-5. He's getting better and better. I had a close bout with Svetoslav Dimitrov, losing 4-5. So I came in next to last in my pool.



So I was 20th seed. In the DEs I got paired with Charlie, who was 12th seed. Yay, a clubmate in DEs (sarcasm). We had a great bout, the high point of the day for me. I was mostly a bit behind but came back at the end to win 15-13. I felt bad for Charlie, but good about adjusting my tactics and figuring out something that worked at the end.

My second DE was Audun Holland-Goon, who I've always had trouble with and, as time goes by, have increasing trouble with. Sure enough, he beat me, 15-10.

No comments:

Post a Comment